- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: Students who complete Business courses will identify fundamental principles, practices and roles in business, including the necessity of social responsibility and ethics within the business community.
Program Description: Study in business leads to a wide range of opportunities in a variety of industries. Upon completion of the associate degree, the student will be prepared for various entry-level positions within organizations as well as promotion from technical and specialty job functions into management positions, and/or for transfer to a baccalaureate program. In addition, student will obtain the rudimentary information and knowledge required to start their own businesses.
Contact: Debbie Newcomb, Department Chair
Student Learning Outcomes
About the Business Program
The Ventura College Business department is among the most highly regarded community college business programs in the state, including the Ventura College Chapter of Alpha Beta Gamma, an international business honor society. It has been honored at a national Alpha Beta Gamma conference with a number of awards, including: Excellence in Financial Management, the Hausman Siegel Distinguished Chapter President Award and the Eva Bobrow Medallion of Excellence Award.
In addition to these awards, the Ventura College Business department is extremely proud of the high caliber of its teaching faculty, whose goal is your success.
Students have the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree in Business Administration for Transfer as well as a degree in Business Management.
Many positions in businesses and government service require general business training. Retail organizations, financial institutions, insurance agencies, and government are but a few of the employers offering opportunities to the person with general business training. Business graduates have found a multitude of employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Administrative assistant
- Banking services
- Employment counselor/interviewer
- Franchise business owner
- Office manager, insurance agent, management assistant
Degrees and Certificates Offered
- Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer
- Associate in Science in Business Management
- Certificate of Achievement in Business Management
- Certificate of Achievement in Supervision
- Certificate of Achievement in Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency Award in Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency Award in Professional Reception Skills
- Catalog description of individual courses
- Alpha Beta Gamma
- CTE Business Brochure 2014
- Degree Listing
Business Advisory Committee - Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Minutes - 2-5-10
- Meeting Minutes - 11-17-10
- Meeting Minutes - 10-17-11
- Meeting Minutes - 5-3-2013
- Meeting Minutes - 3-21-14