The Strategic Plan is the college’s short-term plan. This plan identifies the specific actions that the college must take to implement the recommendations identified in the Educational Master Plan.
This planning process is initiated by reviewing the Educational Master Plan recommendations and determining which will serve as the college’s top priorities for the next three years. From these college priorities, a number of specific strategic objectives are identified. In turn each strategic objective is translated into a number of concrete, measurable action steps to be used to achieve the strategic objectives. Each action step includes a timeline for completion, a description of indicators of success, and the assignment of parties responsible for implementing the action.
The Strategic Plan promotes continual improvement over time because the process calls for the prioritization of a reasonable number of strategic objectives for college wide concentration each year. Each year the college produces an annual institutional effectiveness report that documents progress on the strategic objectives to reinforce and sustain the college dialogue on the college’s long-term and short-term goals.
The Institutional Planning Committee calls for the subsequent strategic plan when the term of the current strategic plan expires or when all strategic objectives have been achieved. The schedule for the coming decade is:
- Strategic Plan 2010-2013 (fall 2010 through spring 2013)
- Annual Institutional Effectiveness Reports in fall 2011 and fall 2012
- Final Institutional Effectiveness Report of Strategic Plan 2010-2013 in spring 2013
- Strategic Plan 2013 - 2016 (fall 2013 through spring 2016)
- Annual Institutional Effectiveness Reports in fall 2014 and fall 2015
- Final Institutional Effectiveness Report of Strategic Plan 2013-2016 in spring 2016
- Strategic Plan 2016 - 2019 (fall 2016 through spring 2019)
- Annual Institutional Effectiveness Reports in fall 2017 and fall 2018
- Final Institutional Effectiveness Report of SP 2016-2019 in spring 2019 --> these final strategic plan progress reports feed into the Educational Master Plan to be developed in the 2018 – 2019 academic year.