- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Textbook Lending Library
Students may check out textbooks from this collection for the entire semester on a first-come-first-serve basis. Students may also check the library online catalog to see if the library has their text in the collection. Books in this collection have the notation "Lending Library" as the shelf location. Frequently Asked Questions.
VC TEXTBOOK LENDING SUMMER 2013
Monday, June 17, 2013, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Rules and Guidelines
- MUST BE A VENTURA COLLEGE STUDENT, have PHOTO IDENTIFICATION, have a "print-out" of his/her CLASS SCHEDULE, and have a "printed" TEXTBOOK LIST from the VC Bookstore website.
- VC ENROLLED COURSES ONLY--ONE COPY PER TEXT--THREE TEXTBOOK LIMIT. Students will NOT be allowed to check out texts for courses enrolled at other colleges.
- NO WAIT LIST CLASSES. Students will NOT be allowed to check out books for wait listed classes.
- NO HOLDS. The library will not place books on hold for students.
- STUDENTS MUST BE CLEAR OF OVERDUE BOOKS AND LIBRARY FINES AND HAVE NO LIBRARY OBLIGATIONS ATTACHED TO THEIR RECORDS. Students are encouraged to clear up their records of library fines or overdue books before lending library day.
- STUDENTS MAY NOT SAVE PLACES IN LINE FOR FAMILY OR FRIENDS. Students are asked to be respectful of others waiting in line.
- ONLY STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE LIBRARY DURING LENDING LIBRARY HOURS. Students are asked not to bring friends or family members with them during the lending library hours as they will be asked to wait outside. Exceptions: students with disabilities.
- PATIENCE AND COOPERATION IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.
Due Dates and Fines
Textbook Lending Library books are due back on the last day of finals each semester. The overdue late charge is $ .25 per hour or $5.00 per day fine. A drive up book drop is located at the flag pole near the Administration building and another is located at the west entrance of the LRC Building opposite the Student Services Center.
Donate to the Textbook Lending Program
Students may donate their used textbooks during Book Buy Back by dropping their used textbooks in the Library's Textbook Donation bin or by dropping them off at the library's circulation desk or by placing them in the book drop box.
Monetary donations may also be made through the Ventura College Foundation. The library and the foundation are always looking for partners to provide continued support for this program. The library would welcome a donation of any amount.