Program Purpose: Students who complete the Paramedic Studies Program will be prepared to work as paramedics with specific knowledge of the paramedic profession, proficient skills, sound theoretical rationale and critical thinking skills which will provide the basis for decision making and success in the work place. Students will participate in classroom, hospital and field settings. All courses in the program will promote integration of all aspects of the paramedic industry with critical thinking, competence in oral and written communication and applied math and problem solving.
Program Description: The Ventura College Paramedic Studies program is the only program fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in Ventura County. Successful completion of the program will allow students to sit for the National Registry licensing examination and then gain employment in the wide range of public and private agencies who incorporate the advanced life support skills of a paramedic into their needs.
The Information and Application:
Please download the PDF:
Click the image of the application to the right, or
Click the link in the text below.
The Paramedic/EMT program prepares students to respond to medical and trauma emergencies in the pre-hospital environment by providing emergency treatment and, when appropriate, transporting patients to a hospital environment for further assessment or follow-up care.
- Occupational Overview
- Cost Estimate
- Catalog description of individual courses
- Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Functional Job Analysis
- Program SLO
- Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) and Mapping
- Course Student Learning Outcomes by Course
Paramedic Studies Advisory Committee - Meeting Minutes:
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 10 - 2016
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 08-17-2015
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 12-05-2014
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes: 11-01-2013
- Paramedic Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes- 10-19-2012
In accordance with CoAEMSP disclosure requirements, the Ventura College Paramedic Program reports the following information on its students:
- National Registry of EMTs Written and Practical Examination pass rate, 2013-2015: 100%
- Retention rate (percentage of students that graduated from the program), 2013-2015: 83%
- Positive placement (percentage of students employed as paramedics), 2013-2015: 100%
|Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Phone: (727) 210-2350
Fax: (727) 210-2354