Student Responsibilities

VRC Student Responsibilities:

  1. Submit Request for Certification Form each semester that you intend to receive GI Bill® benefits to the certifying official in the Admissions Office.
  2. Notify your certifying official in the Admissions Office of any schedule changes as it may affect your benefits.
  3. Any change of major requires that you meet with your academic counselor.
  4. Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA.
  5. Complete at least 50% of your attempted units.
  6. Schedule at least one advising session with your academic counselor each semester for a progress check and update of your comprehensive education plan, or more if needed.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at