- How do I find out about auditions for the show?
- Who can audition for Ventura College Theatre productions?
- How can I participate in a Theatre Department production if I don't get casted?
- How do I get to direct a One-Act?
- Will I be prepared to enter a four-year program in Theatre after Ventura College?
- Do you offer internships in Theatre?
Audition dates and information is always posted on the Theatre Callboard (PAC-Building outside of room 117 and the Studio Theatre) at least a week before auditions begin.
Auditions are open to anyone on the campus or in the community. We give preference to students in casting all of our shows. If you are cast in a show, you must register for the Production and Performance class.
There are lots of ways to participate other than acting. Positions, such as stage
manager, assistant director, production assistant, and crew members for set construction, lights, sound, costumes, and make-up, are needed for all productions. SeeWilly about working in the scene shop, Abra about working in the costume shop, and Jay or Nathan concerning production assistant.
We produce student directed One-Acts every other semester. Students are selected for directing after they have taken several theatre classes, participated in the One-Acts as actors, crew members, or assistant directors, and submit a proposal for either an original or published One-Act. For more details, contact Jay or Nathan.
Yes. We offer an AA-Transfer in theatre.
We can and have arranged internships with local and Los Angeles theatres for students who have been in our program and have showed exceptional dedication and commitment.