Program-level Student Learning Outcomes for English
- PSLO-1: Recognize diverse social, critical, historical and cultural perspectives by reading and responding to a range of literary texts.
- PSLO-2: Analyze texts representing a wide range of genres including poetry, drama, fiction, and film.
- PSLO-3: Identify and make relevant connections between texts of various historical periods.
- PSLO-4: Synthesize historical, formal, and critical ideas in interpreting a text.
- PSLO-5: Write well-developed and effectively organized essays including in-class essays, interpretive arguments, and essays incorporating research.