- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Transfer and Career Center
Program Purpose: The Transfer and Career Center provides students with the necessary support and information to successfully transfer to a four year university and/or define and work towards a career goal. Students will be able to identify and utilize transfer patterns from the University of California and California State Universities, navigate through the ASSIST program and identify and use career resources and labor market information to identify a career goal.
Program Description: The Transfer and Career Center provides services to students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Center schedules on-campus visits by representatives from various colleges and universities and sponsors an annual Transfer Day event attended by over 50 colleges and universities. Workshops are held to assist students on various topics, including transfer admissions, university application process, major preparation, and major selection. The Center provides reference materials, college catalogs, applications, and other services necessary for planning and achieving a smooth transition between institutions.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
1. Information Competency
2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
SERVICE UNIT OUTCOMES:
1. Students will be able to recognize the need for information and ask the appropriate questions when seeking Transfer Center services.
2. Students will be able to navigate the available transfer services to reach their goal(s).
3. Students will identify the pathways to reach their transfer goal(s).
1. Students will be able to recognize the need for information and ask the appropriate questions when seeking Career Center services.
2. Students will be able to navigate the available career resources to reach their goal(s).
3. After participating in career exploration activities, students will be able to identify their career goals