For a complete list of Ventura College Library policies, please consult the Library Policy Handbook
Ventura College Students:
Ventura College Students do not need to obtain a library card; they will be allowed to access Library materials using their Student Identification Number. If a student is not in the Library database they will need to show valid identification and a class schedule to be entered into the database.
- Library cards are available to community members residing in Ventura County. Library cards are valid for one academic year. Library cards may be reactivated with valid identification showing Ventura County Residency, not a Post Office box address. Replacement Library cards cost $2.00.
- The loan period for circulating books is three (3) weeks.
- Materials may be renewed a maximum of three (3) times.
- Faculty may borrow books for eight (8) weeks, subject to recall by another patron.
- Library patrons are limited to borrowing a maximum of five (5) books.
Group study rooms are for academic use only. Two (2) or more students must be present to make use of a room. No food or drink of any kind is allowed in the Library, including the group study rooms. Please be aware that the group study rooms are not soundproof; please be considerate of others by keeping talking and noise to a minimum. Violators will be dealt with according to the Library policy under “Courtesy” and student conduct code policy for Ventura County Community College District.
Computers and Internet Usage:
- All Ventura College Students regardless of age are allowed access to Library stations subject to the following rules and the Ventura College Library Computer Use Guidelines.
- Any conduct that restricts or inhibits others from pursuing academic research or that violates college policies and/or guidelines is not permitted and may be subject to sanction and disciplinary action.
- Non academic use of the computers is secondary to academic research and use.
- Save all information to a “USB” drive as all files will be deleted automatically when the computer restarts.
- Headphones must be used when listening to audio.
- All non Ventura College student patrons who qualify as community member and possess a valid Ventura College
- Library card will have access to the computers for a maximum of three (3) hours per day with no time renewals.
- Community members are given the first available computer, no special computer requests.
- Community members will be subject to removal if no other computers are available and a Ventura College student needs to do academic research.