Ventura College Financial Aid Processing
In order to ensure timely processing and disbursing of your Fall 2018 financial aid (if eligible), please complete and submit ALL of your financial aid requirements as soon as possible. Follow the steps below to apply.
Financial aid for 2017-2018 is still available! Follow the same steps below if you still need to apply.
Steps to Success
- Complete the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application online by visiting FAFSA.gov or CalDreamAct.org
- Applications are processed throughout the school year. It will take approximately 7-10 business days for VC to receive/process your application.
- Follow up with Financial Aid within two weeks of submitting the application. An email will be sent to the student’s account when the application is received.
- Students should click on the “Financial Aid” tab on their my.vcccd.edu account to view what items are required to complete the Financial Aid process.
- All required items should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office immediately. The priority deadline for submitting 2018-2019 required items is May 11, 2018.
- To accept the Financial Aid Rights and Responsibilities: In "Financial Aid Requirements" box, click on "Accept Terms and Conditions". Select the academic year, read the terms and conditions, and click "Accept" at the bottom of the page.
- Green check marks are completed items.
- Once all requirements are completed, you should monitor your portal weekly for updates on your status.
- If eligible, an award notification email will be sent to your my.vcccd.edu account once the file review process is complete. The review process generally takes 2-3 weeks to complete.
- If you are a new student, visit the Ventura College BankMobile web page for instructions on how to receive your financial aid refund.
- Review the Financial Aid Disbursement page for more information regarding disbursement dates and how your payments are calculated.