Students! The Ventura College Fair is your opportunity to connect with employers about job opportunities, internships and potential careers.
There will be more than 60 local employers participating, including: COPE Health Solutions, Pleasant Valley School District, California Water Service, County of Ventura, Haas Automation, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department and many more.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10am - 2pm MCE/MCW Quad
Want to Prepare for our Career Fair? Attend the ‘Kickstart Your Career’ Workshop, Friday, April 12th / 8:30am- 2pm /Free breakfast & lunch!
A special one-day workshop that covers career, resume, and networking tips! Special guest: LinkedIn. Reserve your spot: bit.ly/vckickstart
Special Drop-in Services at the Career Center, April 8th – 11th
15-minute drop-in slots available for a quick resume review or help preparing for the career fair
(Sign-up at the Career Center or call 805-289-6473)
Monday, April 8th: 1-3pm
Tuesday, April 9th: 1-3pm
Wednesday, April 10th: 11am-1pm
Thursday, April 11th: 11am-1pm
How to Navigate the Career Fair
1. Sign into your MyVCCCD Student Portal & click on ‘Job Board - Career Center under Student QuickLinks. Once signed into the job board you will be able to see upcoming events and who is registered.
2. Review List of Companies Registered for the Career Fair and Research Companies of interest.
3. Polish Your Resume -Make sure your resume is clear, concise, reader-friendly, a one-page format, and error-free.
4. Prepare and Practice a 15-Second Introduction -Make your introduction interesting & useful by sharing info such as your name and major/industry and the type of position you are seeking (part-time job, internship, etc.)
5. Be aware of your verbal and non-verbal communication. Speak clearly, concisely, and confidently; show interest, energy, enthusiasm. Make sure your clothes are appropriate and you look polished. Consider dressing in professional or business casual attire
6. Follow Up With Employers -Consider sending a brief “thank you” email (or LinkedIn request) reminding the recruiter that you met at the career fair and that you are very interested in the organization