TEXTBOOKS ARE EXPENSIVE. LET US HELP.
Textbooks are often the largest educational expense encountered by a Ventura College student.
Funded by donors and the Ventura College Foundation Marketplace, the following programs allow students to successfully complete their courses without the financial burden of buying textbooks.
The Reserve Collection allows students to check out their books for a two hour time period while at the Library. The collection has a copy of almost every textbook in use each semester.
The Lending Library allows students to check out up to three textbooks for an entire semester at no cost.
Fall 2019 Priority Day:
The College and Foundation partner to host a priority day the week before the start of each semester to allow those that participate the chance to be the first to check out available textbooks. The fall 2019 priority day is scheduled for Thursday, August 15, 2019.
- Log into your VCCCD Student Portal anytime between Monday, July 8th through Friday, August 9th.
- Click on the "My College" tab, scroll to the "Student QuickLinks" section, and click on "Textbook Lending Library Priority Application"
- Complete the "FREE Textbooks Fall 2019" Application
- In the confirmation message, follow the link to sign up for the time you'd like to come by on the priority day. There are three time periods, one hour each, with a maximum of 100 students per time period.
Rules and guidelines:
- VC Students ONLY
- Three (3) textbook limit per student
- Check the availability of textbooks at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SBpbrtnFts&feature=youtu.be.
- All textbooks are due the LAST DAY OF FINALS. Overdue textbooks are charged a $5.00 per day fine up to the cost of the textbook - no exceptions.
The VC Foundation at 805-289-6461 or email@example.com regarding the applications or sign ups.
Quick Stats from the 17/18 Academic Year:
13,270 Reserve Collection Check Outs
4,639 Lending Library Check Outs
89% of students admitted that the Lending Library was essential or very essential to their success in their courses
For more information contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-289-6461.