The William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Program
The Ventura College Foundation William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Program is funded by donors who cover the costs of VC enrollment fees for the FIRST YEAR of U.S. veteran and U.S. active duty military students! This allows these students to reserve their GI Bill® for four-year University education.
How is it helpful?
- Improves the college-going rate among veterans and active duty military in Ventura County
- As the GI Bill® provides a maximum of 48 months of benefits, it allows veteran students to reserve their GI Bill® for four-year university education
- Allows us to better assist active duty military to transition into civilian life
- US Active Duty OR US Veteran (includes US National Guard)
- First-year Ventura College Student
- Honorably discharged (if US Veteran)
- Not currently using GI Bill®
Application for 2018/2019 NOW OPEN!
- Step 1: Meet eligibility requirements as listed above
- Step 2: Apply to Ventura College for fall 2018 and spring 2019
- Step 3: Complete the FAFSA for the 18/19 academic year
- Step 4: Satisfy SSSP Requirements
- Step 5: Submit the Ventura College William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Application (OPEN NOW through 7/31/18)
- Log into your MyVCCCD Student Portal
- Click on the "My College" tab
- Scroll to the "Student QuickLinks" section and click on "Scholarship Application"
- Locate the "VC Veterans Promise Application 2018-2019" and click on "Start Application"
Once these steps are complete you will be notified of your acceptance and you will notice that, upon registration for courses, your enrollment fees, student center fee, student health fee, and student rep fee have all been covered by the program.
Please contact Jaimee Hanna with any questions or concerns.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.