The Ventura College Textbook Lending Library is a program where students can check out up to three textbooks to use for an entire semester at no cost. As resources are limited, these textbooks are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.
Before the start of the semester, we host a priority day where students can come be the first to pick through the collection and check out the books. Even after the priority day, textbooks remain! Stop by at any time in the semester to see what is available for you.
Spring 2019 Textbook Lending Priority Day:
Day 1: Application Required. Lending Library Application for Priority Day opens on Thursday, November 1st, 2018 and will close at midnight Tuesday, January 1st, 2019. Students must have a Priority Day Registration Email Confirmation to participate on Thursday, January 3rd, 2019 at their chosen time. Each time period has a 250 person limit.
- Log into your VCCCD Student Portal between 11/01/2018 to 01/01/2019
- Click on the "My College" tab and scroll to the "Quicklinks" section
- Click on "Scholarship Application"
- Locate the FREE Textbooks Spring 2019 Application and click on "Start Application"
- Submit your application & check to see that you've received a submission confirmation email.
- In the confirmation message/email, follow the link to sign up for the time you’d like to come by on the Priority Day, Thursday, January 3rd, 2019. (Four time periods, 250 student maximum per period)
If you have any questions please contact the VC Library.
Day 2: No Application Day, Friday, January 4th, 2019 anytime between (2pm-4pm) no application required.
More information coming soon!
Donate to the Textbook Lending Program:
The Ventura College Foundation is the primary financial contributor and supporter of the Lending Library program. The Foundation funds over $50,000 annually for the Textbook Lending Library. Currently, approximately 9,000 students use the lending library at the Learning Resource Center. The cost of textbooks often exceeds the cost of attending Ventura College; so many students continue to seek textbook alternatives.
Textbook lending is generously supported by:
- Ventura College Foundation
- Title V Grant
- Associated Students of Ventura College
- Book Donations from Students and Faculty
Students may donate their used textbooks during Book Buy Back by dropping their used textbooks in the Library's Textbook Donation bin or by dropping them off at the library's circulation desk or by placing them in the book drop box.
Monetary donations may also be made through the Ventura College Foundation. The library and the foundation are always looking for partners to provide continued support for this program. The library would welcome a donation of any amount.
Phone: (805) 289-6482
What students have to say about the Lending Library:
- "This is my first experience with the lending library and I appreciate the opportunity to save money."
- "Even with financial aid this is a huge help for my family."
- "This program helps students who don't have the money for textbooks."
- "People can focus on signing up for classes without worrying about textbook costs."
For more information on the textbook lending library, click here.