The Enhancing Success in Transfer Education for Engineering Majors (ESTEEM) Scholarship Program is no longer accepting applications for the Fall 2018 semester. Please check back for more information on how to apply at a later time!
HELPS YOU WORK LESS SO YOU CAN...
- Study more;
- Participate in educational activities (field trips, tutoring, internships, conferences, career counseling, etc.);
- Work closely with a VC faculty mentor; AND
- Be better prepared for success upon transferring to a university in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree.
Any VC student with a declared engineering major who is interested in pursuing a career in engineering and intends to transfer to a university to earn a Bachelor of Science and meets the requirements listed below:
- U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Full-time student at VC in both the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters
- Be enrolled in two or more STEM courses each semester as appropriate to earning an engineering degree
- Enroll in ENGRV01 no later than spring 2019 (if not done already)
- Have completed the 18/19 FAFSA
- Have unmet financial need of at least $2,000 (as determined by the 18/19 FAFSA)
- Have a declared engineering major at Ventura College
- Intend to pursue a career in engineering
- Intend to transfer to a 4-year university to earn a Bachelor of Science degree after completing lower-division coursework at VC
- Be in good academic standing, having passed a minimum of 12 units at Ventura College (cumulative)
Please note - these requirements are ONLY for the ESTEEM Scholarship and are not required to apply to our General Scholarship Program that opens up later in the fall 2018 semester.
The application includes:
- Essay about your educational/career goals specifically involving engineering;
- One letter of recommendation;
- Copy of your VC fall 2018 proof of enrollment; AND
- Copy of your current unofficial VC transcripts.
LOCATING THE ONLINE APPLICATION...
- Log into your VC Student Portal,
- Click on the “My College” tab,
- Scroll to the “Student QuickLinks” section,
- Click on “Scholarship Application”, and
- Complete the “ESTEEM Scholarship Application"
Please direct questions and concerns to:
Programs & Events Manager
Ventura College Foundation