YOU CAN MAKE THE FIRST YEAR FREE AT VC
THE VC PROMISE
The Ventura College Promise is a program funded by donors in Ventura County who believe in student success. It covers the cost of VC enrollment fees for the FIRST YEAR of just under 1,000 students. The program is first come, first served.
- Expand the Ventura College Promise to pay the enrollment, health, student representative, and student center fees for all first-year and second-year students at Ventura College.
WILLIAM & HELEN SHARPINO VETERANS PROMISE
The Ventura College Foundation's William & Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise is funded by donors who cover the costs of VC enrollment fees for the FIRST YEAR of U.S. Veteran and U.S. Active Duty military students.
While veteran students, in general, are highly motivated and self-disciplined, these students are often not college ready. Sixty-two percent (62%) of the veteran students at Ventura College are the first in their family to attend college. As a result, many of these veteran students need assistance with taking remedial courses, managing time, interacting with faculty and other students on campus, locating support services, and navigating college policies and procedures.
The VC Foundation's William and Helen Sharpino Veterans Promise allows students to reserve their GI Bill for four-year university education. The program is first come, first served. Textbooks are not included.
- Improves the college-going rate among U.S. Veterans and U.S. Active Duty military in Ventura College
- As the Gi Bill provides a maximum of 48 months of benefits, these students can reserve their GI bill benefits for four-year university education
- Allows Ventura College to better assist active duty military to transition into civilian life
- U.S. Active Duty or U.S. Veteran (includes National Guard)
- First-time VC student
- Honorably Discharged (if U.S. Veteran)
- Not currently using GI Bill