- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Student Success Tips
- Part One - Overview
- Part Two - Academic Programs
- Part Three - Support Services
- Part Four - Getting Started
- Part Five - Tips for Success
Get to know your professors
• Visit your professors outside of class.
• Discuss ideas for term papers and class projects with your professors.
• Discuss your career plans and ambitions with your professors.
Be an active learner
• Take notes in class.
• Participate in classroom discussions.
• Study two hours each week for every hour in class.
• Write summaries of major points and information in your textbook and notes.
• Form study groups to explain material to another student.
• Do additional reading on topics that were introduced and discussed in class.
Use Counseling Services
• Talk with a counselor at least once a semester.
• Seek help from a counselor if you experience any difficulties that affect your academic performance.
Use the Library
• Learn to use the electronic references in the library.
Improve your skills
• Take classes to develop effective reading and writing skills.
• Use a dictionary or thesaurus to look up proper word meanings.
• Make use of the writing labs, math labs and Learning Resource Center.
Get to know other students
• Make friends with students whose ages, ethnic backgrounds, and interests are different from yours.
• Form study groups with other students in your classes.
Participate in cultural and current events
• Attend art exhibits, concerts, lectures, and other college activities.
• Talk about art, music, theater, and current events with other students.
• Read and discuss the opinions of editorials and critics.