- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Step Two - Matriculation
- Part One - Overview
- Part Two - Academic Programs
- Part Three - Support Services
- Part Four - Getting Started
- Part Five - Tips for Success
Matriculation is a process that assists the students in achieving his or her educational goals. It is an agreement between the College and the student who enrolls for credit. Matriculation services, admissions, assessment, orientation, and counseling/advisement, and student follow-up are designed to assist students. We hope that all students will participate in a partnership with us to ensure their educational success.
As part of the agreement, Ventura College agrees to provide the following:
- an admissions process;
- an assessment of basic educational skills;
- an orientation to the College's programs, services and procedures;
- pre-enrollment counseling/advisement;
- follow-up on student progress with referral to support services when needed.
As part of the agreement, students agree to participate in the following activities:
- indicate a general educational intent at the time of admission;
- declare a specific educational objective with a reasonable period of enrollment;
- attend classes and complete assigned course work;
- meet with counselors to discuss choices;
- seek out support services as needed; and
- complete courses and maintain progress toward an educational goal.