- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
How to Enroll in a Ventura College Online Course
Before you begin: Students with general questions about the college and classes should contact Admissions and Records at 805-654-6457.
1. View the list of courses and decide what courses you want to take.
2. Make sure that distance education is for you. Distance Education requires good time management, familiarity with Internet technology and a willingness to ask questions and communicate online.
- NEW STUDENTS: Go to the college online orientation, then see an advisor to help you with your course selection and the registration process. Contact Counseling at (805) 654-6448 or by clicking here for additional information.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: If you already have an advisor, see them. If not, go to the Counseling Center as noted above.
4. Online courses begin and end on the same days as on-campus courses. The instructor will determine the day of the final, which will fall sometime during the regular finals week.
5. You will access your course by logging in through the MyVCCCD portal.
6. Check to see if your instructor requires an orientation. If so, attend the orientation. If you have a conflict with an orientation time, contact the professor to see if alternate arrangements can be made.
Please note: Courses are not accessible to students until one week prior to the official start date of the course/semester; instructors may limit access until the first official day of class. Course access ends one week after the official end date of the class unless the instructor has granted extended access.