For over 30 years, the Ventura College Satellite Campus in Santa Paula, has been an educational leader providing a positive and accessible learning environment that is responsive to the needs of students, promotes success, develops students to their full potential, creates lifelong learners, and fosters positive human values for successful living and membership in a global environment, for the Santa Clara River Valley Communities of Santa Paula, Fillmore and Piru. This college ancillary is a model on how institutions of higher learning can combine innovative programs, student support, and instructional technologies to provide outstanding learning opportunities and community services. Ventura College Santa Paula also serves as the center of operations for Ventura College Off-Campus Programs, including Dual Enrollment.
Ventura College and the Ventura College Santa Paula Campus will be a beacon of learning – a source of inspiration and guidance – for our students and community.
Our Guiding Principles
At Ventura College and the Ventura College Santa Paula Campus we believe that students come first and all else follows. We strive to create a campus environment that fosters collaboration, communication, and mutual respect. We are committed to these Guiding Principles in all that we do:
- Embrace the strength of diversity
- Listen with intensity and compassion
- Communicate with integrity and patience
- Design student-centered solutions
- Spark self-confidence and a sense of discovery
- Pursue our vision and goals with passion
Service Unit Outcomes and Program Review
- Students will find the support services at the Ventura College Santa Paula Campus to be satisfactory.
- Students will find the class offerings suitable toward their attainment of basic skills, career and technical education, and AA/AS Degree.
- Students will find the Ventura College Santa Paula facility satisfactory to meet their educational needs.
- Students will find that the Library and Learning Center enhances their ability to meet their educational needs.
VCSP GOAL 1: Provide College access to students who bring diverse perspectives access
- Improve and enhance opportunities for prospective students to visit VCSP and explore academic programs and resources
- Create policies to meet the needs of specialized populations
- Develop and enhance bridge and transition programs to prepare students for college level learning and development
- Identify and implement best practice programming to address the growing needs of VCSP’s non-traditional students
- Actively recruit and hire a diverse staff
- Identify and implement best practices for creating an inclusive environment for student programs and services
VCSP GOAL 2: Provide support for student persistence toward degree completion
- Increase awareness among faculty and staff and create a sense of shared responsibility for eliminating barriers to college
- Create leadership opportunities for students to enhance student engagement and/or retention
- VCSP will collaborate with Academic Affairs to implement a campus wide early alert system
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student needs to support continuous improvement of services to meet these needs
VCSP GOAL 3: Infuse integrative approaches, community engagement, multicultural learning, and international perspectives into all aspects of learning
- Continue to create innovative and best practice programs to address student needs
- Provide programs and services that foster positive relationships between members of the campus and surrounding communities to increase the quality of life for our VC students and build sustainable community partnerships
- Increase student participation and engagement in events, activities, and student centers throughout both campuses
- Enhance partnerships with campus and community partners to provide students experiential learning opportunities
- Expand opportunities for students to become involved in co‐curricular programs
VCSP GOAL 4: Build Infrastructure capacity
- Assess staffing needs to accomplish program objectives
- Develop a comprehensive space plan to accommodate future growth of programs, services and staff
- Continually research best practices and resources in technology to apply to our work and remain sustainable
- Utilize technology to increase access to our services for our students and alumni
- Complete a cost benefit analysis of area program strategies, assess their relative value, and make resource allocations accordingly
- Develop increased institutional fiscal support of co-curricular programs to meet the growing needs of our student population
- Develop and implement assessment strategies to evaluate and improve programs and services