The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is Currently unavailable to Students and families completing the FAFSA.
If you are currently completing the FAFSA, we highly recommend you manually enter your information. If you need a copy of your 2015 tax return:
• Contact your tax preparer or check your tax software used to prepare your return
• Request a 2015 tax transcript from the IRS and use that information to manually complete
the fields in the FAFSA.Please do not send us a tax transcript unless we've requested it from you
If we have requested a copy of your tax transcripts, you may obtain a copy of your tax transcripts by following the instructions below:
Select 'Get Transcript Online' at
Select 'Get Transcript by Mail' at
Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
We will continue to provide more information about the IRS DRT as it becomes available.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
How do I use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool two-three weeks after you and/or your parents have electronically filed taxes or eight weeks after you and/or your parents have filed taxes by mail.
Instructions for IRS Data Retrieval on your FAFSA
- Log into www.fafsa.gov
- Click on “Make FAFSA Corrections”
- Click on “Financial Information” tab
- Correct “Will File” to “Already Completed”
- If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, click Link to IRS and OK
- On the IRS Web site (www.IRS.gov) enter the requested information and click Submit
- Click on the box under the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA” and then click Transfer Now
- You should receive the message “You have successfully transferred your 2015 tax information”
- Complete all steps and electronically sign (dependent students must have PIN for themselves as well as for a parent) and Submit your FAFSA
- Your FAFSA is successfully submitted once you have received a confirmation number
How can we help you?
If you need further assistance, please visit the Financial Aid Office.