Time to Renew!
Financial aid applications for the 2018-2019 academic year opened October 1, 2017. Go to FAFSA.gov or Dream.CSAC.CA.gov to renew your financial aid or to apply for the first time. To check status if you already applied, go to your My.VCCCD.edu portal and click on the "Financial Aid" tab.
In order to ensure timely processing and disbursing of your Fall 2018 financial aid (if eligible), you must complete and submit ALL of your financial aid requirements as soon as possible. Click here for more information.
Financial Aid Services at VC Santa Paula Campus - Fall 2017 Semester Hours
|November 13 to 17, 2017|
|Monday, November 13||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Tuesday, November 14||8:30 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Wednesday, November 15||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Thursday, November 16||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Friday, November 17||Closed for Processing|
|November 20 to 24, 2017|
|Monday, November 20||8:30 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Tuesday, November 21||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Wednesday, November 22||8:30 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday, November 23||Campus Closed - Thanksgiving Holiday|
|Friday, November 24||Campus Closed - Thanksgiving Holiday|
Federal School Code: 001334
Welcome to the Ventura College Financial Aid Office! Our office is committed to student success. Our office is comprised of dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students by providing them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational objectives. The types and amounts of financial aid Ventura College awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need. Ventura College students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
Program Purpose: The Financial Aid Office assists students in achieving their educational goals by providing access to an array of financial resources to fund their education. Students may receive assistance in filling out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and California Dream Act Application and receive information on the various forms of aid available to them. The Financial Aid Office administers a variety of federal and state financial aid programs to assist students with their education costs at Ventura College. To be considered for these programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application for each academic year. Note: Additional forms are required for state aid programs. Some applications have filing requirements and priority filing deadlines for state aid. Due to limitations in funding, the Financial Aid Office may not offer sufficient financial aid to cover the entire cost of education. Adhering to the priority filing deadlines and responding promptly to requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office is a critical component to receiving the most financial aid that you may qualify for. For additional information regarding the types of financial aid, please refer to the Ventura College Catalog.. View the VCCCD Code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest Policy here.
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- -Intakes and processes financial aid applications and documentation in accordance to federal and state regulations
- •Provides loan counseling and maintains efforts to minimize the student loan default rate
- -Provides Satisfactory Academic Progress advising, assists students with the appeal process, reviews financial aid appeals, and provides educational workshops to at-risk students
- •Identifies and outreaches to un-served and underserved student populations and works to increase their participation in and access to financial aid
- •Increases awareness of financial aid on campus, at local high schools, and in our community
- •Maintains compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs and regulations
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email and text campaigns
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process
The Financial Aid Office website is the best source for current information regarding financial aid at Ventura College. This website is filled with information about all the different financial aid options available to Ventura College students! Navigate the links on the left (or below on mobile devices) to visit the various pages. New Students may find the following pages very helpful:
- How to Apply
- Student Loans
- Cost of Attendance
- AB540/Dream Act
- BOGW Enrollment Fee Waiver
- Hours of Operation
- Financial Aid Counseling