The Ventura College Foundation William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Program is funded by donors who cover the costs of VC enrollment fees for the FIRST YEAR of U.S. veteran and U.S. active duty military students! This allows these students to reserve their GI Bill for four-year University education.
How is it helpful?
- Improves the college-going rate among veterans and active duty military in Ventura County
- As the GI Bill provides a maximum of 48 months of benefits, it allows veteran students to reserve their GI Bill for four-year university education
- Allows us to better assist active duty military to transition into civilian life
- US Active Duty OR US Veteran (includes US National Guard)
- First-year Ventura College Student
- Honorably dischared (if US Veteran)
- Not currently using GI Bill
Application opens October 1, 2017!
- Step 1: Meet eligibility requirements as listed above
- Step 2: Commit to attend Ventura College in both fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters
- Step 3: Complete the FAFSA for the 17/18 academic year if you have not done so already
- Step 4: Submit the Ventura College William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Scholarship Application (open 10/1/17-10/31/17)
- Log into your MyVcccd Student Portal
- Click on the "My College" tab
- Scroll to the "Student Quicklinks" section and click on "Scholarship Application"
- Locate the "William and Helen Scarpino Veterans Promise Scholarship Application" and click on "Start Application"
- Step 5: Satisfy SAP requirements in fall 2017 semester
- Minimum 2.0 GPA (will be verified)
- Successful completion of at least 70% of classes the student orignially registered for (will be verified)
- Ex: completion of a minimum of 9 units having originally enrolled in 12 to start
Please contact Jaimee Hanna with any questions or concerns: