Home Health Aides (HHA's) are men and women who help elderly or disabled people who are living in their own homes instead of nursing homes or health care facilities. HHA's may also work with people who are recovering from illnesses, injuries, or surgeries. The key purpose of HHA's is to help people recover or live in a safe, healthy way in their own homes. They help with activities such as bathing and dressing, and provide services such as light housekeeping and cooking.
Preliminary Course Requirements:
- Completion of an approved CNA course and current CNA certification from the State of California.
- CPR certification: Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- CPR card cannot expire during the semester of enrollment.
- CPR class must have a skills component to it.
- If you are not a current student, complete the application process for Ventura College.
See the Application Process for further details.