- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Educational Enhancement Grants
The Application is Now Closed
The Ventura College Foundation Educational Enhancement Grants Program provides grants to assist Ventura College Faculty and Staff to: improve and/enrich classroom instruction; develop and/or augment student services or encourage creativity and exploration of new teaching methods.
Ventura College full and part-time employees are eligible to apply.
How Awards are Chosen:
The Ventura College Foundation Educational Enhancement Grants Committee evaluates applications according to criteria specified on the grant application. Grants to be funded are subject to approval by the Ventura College Foundation Board of Directors. The Ventura College Foundation reserves the right to decline any grant application, to decide who will receive grants, and to require amendments or compliance as deemed necessary.
Amount and Terms of Award:
Educational Enhancement Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $2,000 based on available funding. You may collaborate with other colleagues for a total proposed grant of $6,000. Activities may take place during the fall, spring and/or summer semesters, 2012-2013. All grant funds awarded for the 2012-2013 academic year must be used before June 30, 2013.
Criteria for Selection:
- Grant requests must be linked to the mission of the Ventura College Foundation, “To enhance the educational experience of students at Ventura College.”
- Preference will be given to applications that clearly demonstrate how the grant will directly enhance the educational experience of students at Ventura College and to proposals that clearly demonstrate the solution to a problem that impacts the educational experience.
- The Ventura College Foundation Educational Enhancement Grants Committee endeavors to award the grants to a variety of departments.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications were accepted August 15, 2012-September 24th, 2012 at 5pm. Application is Now Closed!
- Applicants are to submit the online application including a detailed budget (list of needs with dollar amount included).
- Educational Enhancement Grant recipients will be notified in October 2012.
A special Trust & Agency Fund will be set up at the Ventura College Student Business Office and Educational Enhancement Grant funds will be deposited to this account. Recipients may use the normal requisition process through department deans and forward signed requisitions to the Vice-President of Business Services for processing. All expenditures must be made in support of the original approved project.
Each grantee is required to provide an evaluation report to the Ventura College Foundation by June 30, 2013.
Questions / Contact:
For additional information contact Lisa Corbett at the Ventura College Foundation by phone: (805) 654-6400 Ext, 3295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.