- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Faculty and students of Ventura College are welcome to take advantage of the Tutoring and Testing Center for make-up exams. Tests are given and supervised at the Center, as arranged by faculty during the hours below.
OPERATIONAL HOURS--SPRING 2012
Monday-Thursday 5:00 - 9:00 p.m.
(Note all testing ends 8:45 p.m.)
FINALS WEEK HOURS: May 14 & 15 2:00- 6:00 p.m.
May 16 &17 1:00 -5:00 p.m.
Contact Info: Rachel Marchioni
Faculty Guidelines for Testing Center
- Faculty must complete the Testing Services Request Form to provide us with the details concerning your exam. Please be sure to provide the student's name and student ID number on the form.
- Take or send the form to the Tutoring Center. Faculty will be notified of any problems or conflicts with exam dates or times. Please allow at least 24 hour notice.
- Inform your student(s) in advance as to when your test will be available in the Testing Center, how much time you have allotted, and what aids (notes, calculators, etc.) they should bring with him or be allowed to use during the exam.
- The Testing Center will adhere strictly to your written test instructions. Please assure we have all of the information necessary to provide your students with timely and efficient service.
- If detailed testing instructions are necessary, provide a separate copy of the instructions for each student to read and follow.
- We will not allow students to telephone you or anyone else during an exam unless you specify that it is okay on the form. Testing staff will make the telephone call for the student from the information you provide on the request form.
- PLEASE INFORM YOUR STUDENTS: Students must present a current photo identification to take tests in the Testing Center such as a driver's license, student ASB card, state issued identification card, military identification, and passport. If a student does not have a current photo ID, you may accompany the student for a personal ID (student must take the test at that time) or a note on the request form that you will not require the identification.
- Please contact the EAC office if you have a student that needs test accommodations.
- For more information, please see the Faculty Guide.
Student Guidelines for Using the Test Center
- Students will be required to show identification. Acceptable forms of identification include Student ASB card, driver's license, state issued identification card, military identification, or passport. Students are encouraged to inform their instructors prior to the exam if this is an issue.
- Instructors will notify the Testing Center if books, notes, calculators, etc. can be used during an exam. NO EXCEPTIONS UNLESS IT IS NOTED BY THE INSTRUCTOR.
- All testing end PROMPTLY at 8:45 p.m. Please arrive early to allow time to complete the exam.
- Only students scheduled to take exams will be allowed in the Testing Center while exams are in progress. The Testing Center staff cannot be responsible for children or adults who require care and supervision.
- The use of cell phones and other electronic devices including pagers, iPods or headphones, are not permitted while taking an exam. All electronic devices must be turned off and cannot be visible.
- Pens, pencils, scantrons, or Blue Books will NOT be provided. Please come prepared to take your exam.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Tutoring & Testing Center.
- Testing Center staff will adhere strictly to the professor's written instructions. The Testing Center will not administer test on unauthorized days, allow the use of unauthorized aids, grant extra testing time, allow unauthorized breaks or allow you to make telephone calls.
- Only authorized materials are allowed into the testing room. Purses, bags, or backpacks will not be allowed into the testing room.
- Students may not leave the Testing Center while an exam is in progress unless permission to do so is noted on the instructor's instructions.
- Please note that any use of unauthorized aids or cheating of any kind will be reported to the instructor.
- Students needing test accommodations should inform their instructor and contact the EAC Office.