Welcome to Ventura College!
Your Guide to ENROLLMENT SUCCESS!
Step 1. Apply for Admission Click Here
- Returning Students - You must re-apply for admission if you have not attended in over a year.
- Allow 24 hours to process your admissions application and receive your new student email confirmation.
- The email confirmation contains a link to the student portal setup for MyVCCCD (***link expires in 10 days).
- Check out the Steps to set up MyVCCCD visual guide
Step 2. Set up MyVCCCD Student Portal
- You will receive an email from Ventura College with instructions on how to setup your MyVCCCD account
- Regularly check your MyVCCCD email or activate mail forwarding option under MyAccount settings in MyVCCCD
- Write down your Student ID number for your records located on the top right corner within MyVCCCD
- Click on the MySUCCESS tab to complete the online orientation
- Print your Certificate of Completion, it will be required prior to making a counseling appointment
- Schedule an assessment session (click here)
- Check for the testing dates & times, test last 2-3 hours long
- Schedule your Group Counseling session and develop your 1st semester educational plan
- Access DegreeWorks via MyVCCCD to select and track courses to meet your educational goals
Step 6. Register & Pay online at: MyVCCCD
- Verify your date & time for registration
- Check the current calendar for registration dates
- Registration will not be complete unless the fees are paid in full
- Payment plans are available on Register & Pay tab
- Schedule of Classes | College Catalog
Step 7. Apply for Financial Aid online at: fafsa.ed.gov
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW)
- Ventura College School Code: 001334
- A VC Student ID card entitles students to a variety of goods and services, including free admission to many athletic events and discounted theatre and musical performances
- Discounts are also available from a variety of businesses in the community
Step 10. Counseling Follow up
- Schedule an appointment mid-way through the semester to meet with a counselor to develop a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Appointments are scheduled in the Counseling Office (SSC) or by calling 805-289-6448
- Admission to Ventura College is open to California residents who have a high school diploma or its equivalent (including a California H.S. Certificate of Proficiency or GED) and/or
- Any person, including a resident of other states, who is at least 18 years old and able to benefit from the instruction offered by the college.
- High School Students: Special Admission applies to K-12 students interested in taking classes at Ventura College.