Welcome to Ventura College! Set your course in 4 easy steps…
Admission to Ventura College
- Who can apply?
- California residents who have a high school diploma or its equivalent (including a California H.S. Certificate of Proficiency or GED)
- Any person, including a resident of other states, who is at least 18 years old and able to benefit from the instruction offered by the college.
Special Admission Students
- Special Admission applies to K-12 students interested in taking classes at Ventura College.
- FIRST TIME SPECIAL ADMISSION students must apply for college admission first. Click here to apply for admission.
- The application for admission must be submitted and accepted before the student is allowed to register.
- Students will receive an acceptance email.
- For additional Special Admission instructions please click here.
- Ventura College is not admitting new International Students at this time. Please check the website frequently for updates.
Four Easy Steps to Register!
Step 1 - Apply for admissions
- Apply online for admission. Click here for online application.
- Allow 24 hours to process your admissions application.
- Check your email! You will receive 2 emails.
- The first one will verify that your application has been submitted
- The second is a welcome email from Ventura College that contains a link to the student portal setup for MyVCCCD. (Steps to set up portal PDF)
- Use the Portal link right away to set up your MyVCCCD portal account; link expires in 10 days.
- Returning Students - If you have not attended Ventura College for more than one year, you must re-apply for admission. Apply online here.
- Make sure you contact the Welcome Center for assistance in setting up your MyVCCCD Student Portal.
Step 2 - Apply for Financial Aid
- Financial is available in the form of grants, work study and student loans to help you with college expense. Visit the Financial Aid Office website to learn more.
Step 3 - Assessment and Orientation
- Participate in the assessment process. Visit the Assessment Testing website to learn more about signing up. (Please make sure you have your Student ID number in order to schedule an appointment).
- Complete the Online New Student Orientation on your MyVCCCD Student Portal.
- After completing the online orientation print out your Certificate of Completion as this will be required before making a Counseling appointment.
- Click here to begin the College Orientation. Otherwise, contact the Counseling Department at 805-289-6448 to attend an in-person College Orientation.
Step 4 - Register for Classes
- After you have submit an application for admission and set up your MyVCCCD Student Portal (step #1) you will receive a registration appointment.
- To check you registration appointment log on to your MyVCCCD Student Portal,
- You may also register for classes and pay your fees online with your Student Portal. If you need assistance with the registration process please contact us.
- Schedule of Classes | College Catalog