- Who are 18 years old or have graduated from high school can enroll at Ventura College by following these easy steps!
- If you attended another college or university and have completed course work, please inform the counseling office when making an appointment.
- If you are under 18 and still attending K-12 school, see Special Admission below.
Step 1: Complete an application for admission online
- Visit www.venturacollege.edu/apply to apply.
Step 2: Complete the On-line Orientation:
- You can access the online college orientation by using your MyVCCCD log-in and password.
- Important: Once you have completed the online Orientation, you must print your Certificate of Orientation Completion and bring it with you in order to attend the new student counseling workshop.
Step 3: Take the college assessment test for English and math.
- Please check the Assessment calendar online for dates and times at www.venturacollege.edu/assessment , and submit your assessment request form or call them directly.
- The assessment office is noted below.
Step 4: Attend Group Counseling Session.
- Schedule and attend a group counseling workshop to develop your educational plan.
- New students must complete their on-line orientation and assessments before meeting with a counselor or attending a group counseling session. Click here to learn more.
- The group counseling sessions will review the Group Counseling Guide to help you create your abbreviated education plan.
- Group counseling sessions fill up fast!
- View the latest schedule updates on the VC Counseling Twitter Feed @Counseling VC
Step 5: Register for classes.
- You may register on-line using MyVCCCD, or in person.
- Using MyVCCCD will allow you to browse through all open sessions, sort classes by time and instructor, add your name to a wait list, drop classes, pay your fees, view transcripts, final grades, and access many more convenient features!
Step 6: Follow Up.
- Once you have registered and paid all your fees, verify the courses, meeting times, and the course location.
- Always attend the first class and communicate with your instructors in advance if you will be absent—don’t risk losing your seat!
- Most importantly, make sure you consult with a counselor once a semester to track your progress and review your goals.
- If you need help getting started at VC, please visit the Student Connect Center.
- Students who are under 18 years of age and still attending a K-12 school may apply to take college classes as Special Admission Students.
- Application must be made in person and requires additional paperwork.
- For more information please visit Admissions & Records.
|Admissions & Records||(805) 289-6457||SSC|
|Student Business Office||(805) 289-6488||SSC|
|Financial Aid||(805) 289-6369||BCS|
|Assessment & Testing||(805) 289-6402||SSC|
|Student Connect Center||(805) 289-6420||CSC|