- I want to get started at Ventura College. What's my first step?
- I'm a continuing student and I need to make an appointment with a counselor. How do I know who to see?
- How long are the counseling appointments?
- When do I need a counseling appointment?
- I work a lot. What hours are counseling appointments available?
- Do I need an appointment for financial aid certification?
- I'm ready to graduate! How do I apply?
- I don't need an appointment, but I have a few questions and I need to see a counselor now. What should I do?
- I'm a middle school or high school student and I'd like to take a class at Ventura College. How do I get started?
- I'm considering changing my career or major. Do you have any tests I can take to tell me what career I might be suited for based on my interests?
- How do I obtain an official transcript?
- How much do transcripts cost and how long does it take to obtain one?
- How do I obtain an unofficial transcript and/or a list of classes I've taken and my grades?
In order to have a visit with a counselor, you must apply for admission to obtain an Student ID (900) number.
You're always welcome to see any of our counselors, however, some counselors have specific majors that they specialize in. Make sure to tell us if you would like to see a specific counselor or you have a major or specific area of interest.
Schedule your appointment early since appointments are limited at the beginning and end of each semester and during the Summer.
Thirty minute appointments are available.
An appointment is necessary for the following services:
Graduation application, letters of recommendation, probation clearances, degree and course planning, career/major exploration, when experiencing academic difficulty, and personal counseling.
Appointments are generally scheduled every half hour during the hours our office is open: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm.
There are special accommodations for students who live 50-plus miles from the College.
Counseling schedule is subject to change.
Drop by counseling is available daily on a limited/subject to change basis. For specific hours, counselor availability, and whether you can get your questions answered during a brief drop by session, contact or stop by the Counseling Office at (805) 289-6448.
Go to Special Admission Students to find the necessary forms and information.
Yes, visit our Career Center located in building SSC. The Center offers career assessments such as: interest inventories, publications and research materials.
Access grades through your my.vcccd.edu student portal.