The Ventura College Foundation is the primary financial contributor and supporter of the Lending Library program. The Foundation funds over $50,000 annually for the Textbook Lending Library. Currently, approximately 9,000 students use the lending library at the Learning Resource Center. The cost of textbooks often exceeds the cost of attending Ventura College; so many students continue to seek textbook alternatives.
The Lottery Process:
The Fall 2016 Textbook Lending Library Lottery Application is now closed.
While students with lottery tickets had the first pick, there are still textbooks left over for anyone to rent for the entire semester for FREE! Stop by the Library and visit the Lending Library to see if a textbook you need is available.
Please check back later in the Fall 2016 semester for information for the Spring 2017 lottery process!
Donate to the Textbook Lending Program:
Textbook lending is generously supported by:
- Ventura College Foundation
- Title V Grant
- Associated Students of Ventura College
- Book Donations from Students and Faculty
Students may donate their used textbooks during Book Buy Back by dropping their used textbooks in the Library's Textbook Donation bin or by dropping them off at the library's circulation desk or by placing them in the book drop box.
Monetary donations may also be made through the Ventura College Foundation. The library and the foundation are always looking for partners to provide continued support for this program. The library would welcome a donation of any amount.
Phone: (805) 289-6482
What students have to say about the Lending Library:
- "This is my first experience with the lending library and I appreciate the opportunity to save money."
- "Even with financial aid this is a huge help for my family."
- "This program helps students who don't have the money for textbooks."
- "People can focus on signing up for classes without worrying about textbook costs."
For more information on the textbook lending library, click here.