The Ventura College Textbook Lending Library is a program where students can check out up to three textbooks to use for an entire semester at no cost. As resources are limited, these textbooks are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis. Before the start of the semester, we host a lottery day where students can come be the first to pick through the collection and check out the books. To take part in this priority peek through, read about our lottery process below.
Spring 2017 - The Lending Library Lottery Process!
The Spring 2017 Lending Library application opens on Monday, December 12th at 12:00am and will close after 1,050 students have applied or on Friday, December 30th, at 11:59pm, whichever happens first.
- Log into your VCCCD Student Portal
- Click on the "My College" tab and scroll to the "Quicklinks" section
- Click on "Scholarship Application"
- Locate the Spring 2017 Textbook Lending Library Application and click on "Start Application"
- Submit your application & check to see that you've received a submission confirmation email. This is NOT the lottery ticket.
After we receive ALL 1,050 applications, applicants will be emailed their lottery tickets. When you receive your lottery ticket by email (be sure to check your spam and/or promotions folders), click here to find your check-out group, day, and time. Prior to your assigned day, check the availability of the textbooks you need on the VC library website.
Donate to the Textbook Lending Program:
The Ventura College Foundation is the primary financial contributor and supporter of the Lending Library program. The Foundation funds over $50,000 annually for the Textbook Lending Library. Currently, approximately 9,000 students use the lending library at the Learning Resource Center. The cost of textbooks often exceeds the cost of attending Ventura College; so many students continue to seek textbook alternatives.
Textbook lending is generously supported by:
- Ventura College Foundation
- Title V Grant
- Associated Students of Ventura College
- Book Donations from Students and Faculty
Students may donate their used textbooks during Book Buy Back by dropping their used textbooks in the Library's Textbook Donation bin or by dropping them off at the library's circulation desk or by placing them in the book drop box.
Monetary donations may also be made through the Ventura College Foundation. The library and the foundation are always looking for partners to provide continued support for this program. The library would welcome a donation of any amount.
Phone: (805) 289-6482
What students have to say about the Lending Library:
- "This is my first experience with the lending library and I appreciate the opportunity to save money."
- "Even with financial aid this is a huge help for my family."
- "This program helps students who don't have the money for textbooks."
- "People can focus on signing up for classes without worrying about textbook costs."
For more information on the textbook lending library, click here.