The 2015/16 VC Foundation Scholarship Application will be available January 1 on the student portal.
Deadline to submit applications: February 15, 2015.
Important information for the 2015-2016 Scholarship Application Process: Click here
Ventura College Foundation scholarships are intended to assist students currently enrolled at Ventura College for academic excellence. Students tranferring from Ventura College to a university are also eligible to apply. Our generous donors have established many criteria to provide students with a variety of scholarships.
Some scholarships include the following criteria:
- VENTURA COUNTY RESIDENCY- Santa Paula; Saticoy; City of Ventura Westside residents; Ventura County residents past two years.
- HIGH SCHOOL - Graduate of any high school in the City of Ventura.
- EDUCATION AND TEACHING FIELD - Planning a career in bilingual education; Plan to teach K-12; Plan on teaching English; Plan to teach learning disabled students.
- NURSING - Currently on the 'wait list' for the VC Nursing Program; Accepted into the VC Nursing Program; Currently enrolled in the VC Nursing Program: NS 10 - NS 20 - NS 30 - NS 40; Currently a member of the VCSNA.
- GREEN TECHNOLOGY - Areas of study: Automotive Technology, Water Science, Construction Technology or Architecture Drafting.
- OTHER OPPORTUNITIES - Child or Grandchild of a Ventura College Classified employee; Member of Ventura College Athletics Program: Aquatics, Basketball, Golf, Track or other; Music Major ; Career in Photography; Biology Major: Planning career teaching or performing research in basic biology or Environmental Biology; Participation in the Boys & Girls Club of Ventura; Career in Physical Education or Sports Therapy; Art Major, Business Major; Math Major; Single Parents; Hispanic or Latino Heritage; Black or African-American Heritage; qualify for Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) and completed 24 units.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY : In order to be eligible for Ventura College Foundation scholarships, students must have completed at least 12 graded units at Ventura College. If a student is not enrolled at VC currently, applications will be considered for approved situations (all units completed and on waiting list for the nursing program, took a semester abroad, or special circumstances)
If you wish to be considered for scholarships because of financial need, you must complete a FAFSA application http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
High school students are not eligible for Ventura College Foundation scholarships.
If you have any questions please contact Wendy Carlton at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 805-289-6161.
Become a fan of the VC Foundation facebook page to keep up on the latest scholarships, upcoming deadlines and more. Stop by our office or email email@example.com to sign up for our scholarship e-mail list so that you will stay current on any scholarship opportunities.
Ventura College Nursing Students Video: