The Ventura College Foundation's programs provide direct and indirect support for Ventura College students.
Direct Programs include the:
- Ventura College Promise
- Phoenix Scholarships
- General Scholarship Program
- Women's Safety Net
- Textbook Lending Library.
Indirect programs include Educational Enhancement Grants, which provide funding to Ventura College faculty/staff for programs and materials that enhance the classroom experience for students.
- This fall over 1,100 freshmen will start the first day of school with out having to pay their enrollment fees because of the Ventura College Promise Program.
- This fall over 200 continuing and transfer students will start their semester with Scholarships from the Ventura College Foundation!
- Nearly 4,000 students used the Textbook Lending Library in the 2013-2014 academic school year! Fall 2014 Lending Library is coming up, August 13!!!!
"I participated in the lending library each semester for my three years at Ventura College. Being able to rent books for free through the lending library saved well over a thousand dollars over the years. This is such a great resource on campus and I am so thankful I took advantage of it during my time at VC."
~ Michelle Van Riper, VC Alumna 2013
"The assistance I received from the Foundation Scholarships and Grants allowed me to not think about my financial hardship of putting myself through school and to concentrate and focus on my educational goal of becoming a nurse."
~ Benjamin Romero III, Current VC Student 2014
" With the VC Promise I was able to attend Ventura College as a full-time student my first year and not have to worry about finding part-time jobs to make ends meet."
~ Joseph Vara, VC Alum 2011