- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- Foundation Home
- Board of Directors
- The Ventura College Promise
- How You Can Support
- Market Place
- Phoenix Scholarship
- In the News
Ventura College Foundation Scholarship Program
The Ventura College Foundation Scholarship Application for the 2013-2014 school year is Now Closed.
Check back in Fall 2013 for details on the 2014-2015 application process.
Simply log on to your student portal account for the application and instructions.
Ventura College Foundation scholarships are intended to assist students currently enrolled at Ventura College for academic excellence. Students tranferring from Ventura College to a university are also eligible to apply. Our generous donors have established many criteria to provide students with a variety of scholarships.
Some scholarships include the following criteria:
- VENTURA COUNTY RESIDENCY- Santa Paula; Saticoy; City of Ventura Westside residents; Ventura County residents past two years.
- HIGH SCHOOL - Graduate of any high school in the City of Ventura.
- EDUCATION AND TEACHING FIELD - Planning a career in bilingual education; Plan to teach K-12; Plan on teaching English; Plan to teach learning disabled students.
- NURSING - Currently on the 'wait list' for the VC Nursing Program; Accepted into the VC Nursing Program; Currently enrolled in the VC Nursing Program: NS 10 - NS 20 - NS 30 - NS 40; Currently a member of the VCSNA.
- GREEN TECHNOLOGY - Areas of study: Automotive Technology, Water Science, Construction Technology or Architecture Drafting.
- OTHER OPPORTUNITIES - Child or Grandchild of a Ventura College Classified employee; Member of Ventura College Athletics Program: Aquatics, Basketball, Golf, Track or other; Music Major ; Career in Photography; Biology Major: Planning career teaching or performing research in basic biology or Environmental Biology; Participation in the Boys & Girls Club of Ventura; Career in Physical Education or Sports Therapy; Art Major, Business Major; Math Major; Single Parents; Hispanic or Latino Heritage; Black or African-American Heritage; qualify for Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) and completed 24 units.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY : In order to be eligible for Ventura College Foundation scholarships, students must be enrolled at Ventura College in Fall 2012 and have completed at least 12 graded units at Ventura College by the end of Fall 2012.
If you wish to be considered for scholarships because of financial need, you must complete a FAFSA application http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. High school students are not eligible for Ventura College Foundation scholarships.
If you have any questions please contact Lisa Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 805-654-6400 ext. 3295.
Become a fan of the VC Foundation facebook page to keep up on the latest scholarships, upcoming deadlines and more. Stop by our office to sign up for our scholarship e-mail list serve so that you will stay current on any scholarship opportunities.
Ventura College Nursing Students Video: