Ventura College Santa Paula Celebrates Women's History Month
with a Women's Art Exhibition and Discussion Panel
Art Exhibition: Women in the State of Grace
Dates: March 17 through May 16, 2014
Gallery hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Opening Reception: Friday, March 21 6:00-9:00 PM
- Meet and greet all 18 artists
- Live music by Carmen Moraza-Peralta, Lencho Moraza, and Xavier "Big X" Montes
- Pop-up poetry by Luzmaria Espinosa and Tatiana Luboviski-Acosta
- Appetizers will be served
- Event is free and open to the public. Free parking
Featured Artists: Judy Baca, Juliane Backmann, Jacqueline Biaggi, Gayel Childress, Lynn Creighton, Paty Diaz, Lois Freeman-Fox, Margaret Garcia, Silvia Huerta, Pola Lopez, Tatiana Luboviski-Acosta, Isabel Martinez, Christine Morla, Angela Ortiz, Sylvia Raz, Marianne Sadowski, Cola Smith, and Jenchi Wu.
Curated by Vanessa Acosta, Founding Director of Cultural Arts Tours and Workshops.
Panel Discussion: Transforming Adversities to Resounding Victories!
Thursday, April 10, 6:00-8:00 PM
- Councilwoman for the City of Oxnard, Carmen Ramirez, Esq.
- Health Educator, Katalina Navarro
- Motivational Speaker for the SGI Victory over Violence campaign, Dominique Fuster
Moderated by Suz Montgomery, Senior Advocate, Educator, Community Activist and Media Host of the cable show, Schmooze with Suz.
Associated Students of Ventura College (ASVC)
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC)
CantuTax Professional Tax Services, Santa Paula
Clinicas del Camino Real
El Pescador Family Restaurant, Santa Paula
Familia Diaz Restaurant, Santa Paula
Frank's Paint and Hardware
Frida's Treasures, Oxnard
Garman's Restaurant and Irish Pub
Guerrero Insurance and Irish Pub
Santa Paula Latino Town Hall
Tlaquepaque Mexican Restaurant, Santa Paula
Ventura County Mexican American Bar Association
Vince's Coffee Shop, Santa Paula