- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Standards of Student Conduct
Student Conduct Code
The California Education Code §66300 requires the adoption of specific rules and regulations governing student behavior along with applicable penalties for violation of the rules and regulations.
In joining the academic community, the student enjoys the right and shares the responsibility in exercising the freedom to learn. Like other members of the academic community, students are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of the college that are designed to perpetuate its educational purposes. Students shall respect and obey civil and criminal law and shall be subject to legal penalties for violation of laws of the city, county, state, and nation. A charge of misconduct may be imposed upon a student for violating provisions of college regulations and the state education and administrative codes. When a student is subject to a charge of misconduct, such charge shall be processed in accordance with the following policy and procedure.
Disciplinary action may be imposed upon a student by an instructor, an administrator, or the governing board for proven misconduct or actual violation of specified college rules and state regulations. Instructors and administrators may place students on probation or temporary exclusion with respect to actions in a classroom, on campus, or at a college-sponsored activity within the procedures specified in this document. The Dean of Student
Services or designee shall have the power to impose suspension and to recommend expulsion.
Students are subject to charges of misconduct for any of the following acts on college-owned or controlled property or at a college-sponsored activity:
- Willful disobedience to directions of college officials acting in performance of their duties.
- Violation of college rules and regulations including those concerning student organizations, the use of college facilities, or the time, place and manner of public expression or distribution of materials.
- Dishonesty, such as cheating, or knowingly furnishing false information to the college.
- Unauthorized entry to or use of the college facilities.
- Forgery, alteration, or misuse of college documents, records or identification.
- Obstruction or disruption of classes, administration, disciplinary procedures, or authorized college activities.
- Theft of or damage to property or possession of stolen property belonging to the college, a member of the college community or a campus visitor.
- Disorderly, lewd, indecent, or offensive conduct.
- Obscene, libelous or slanderous expression, or expression which so incites students as to create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on the college’s campus, the violation of lawful college regulations or the substantial disruption of the college’s orderly operation.
- Assault or battery, abuse, or any threat of force or violence directed toward any member of the college community or campus visitor engaged in authorized activities.
- Use, possession, distribution of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, hallucinogenic drugs, marijuana, or other dangerous drugs; or presence on campus while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, hallucinogenic drugs, marijuana, or other dangerous drugs, except as expressly permitted by law.