- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: The purpose of the Welcome Center is to provide students with an excellent entry experience at Ventura College.
Program Description: The Welcome Center serves both new and returning students. Full-time staff and Student Ambassadors will use a comprehensive personal approach to assist students with the admissions and financial aid processes; guide students through the setup of a MYVCCCD Student Portal account; assist with the assessment and registration processes; connect students with appropriate Student Support Services; offer Campus Tours; and answer general questions about the college, its programs and services.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
1. Information Competency
SERVICE UNIT OUTCOMES:
1. Fifty per cent of students attending the New Student Counseling workshop will complete education plans.
2. Entering students utilizing the Welcome Center will complete their college application on the computer. A 3% decrease in incorrect applications or applications missing information is expected.
3. Demonstrate conceptual understanding of system concepts, theories and techniques that are foundational to the practice of human/social services.
4. Demonstrate understanding of assessment methods, treatment planning and case management.
5. Demonstrate understanding of recovery oriented behavior health services.