- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: The Math, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program is designed to provide academic and support services for economically and educationally disadvantaged students majoring in calculus-based fields who seek to transfer to four-year colleges and universities
Program Description: Mesa Community College Program (MCCP) provides math, engineering and science academic development to educationally disadvantaged community college students so they excel academically and transfer to four-year institutions as science, engineering and math majors. This support is especially crucial to students from low-performing high schools so they can reach their academic potential and become technical professionals. MCCP is supported by industry so students can learn firsthand about career options, special scholarships and internships. MCCP is a collaboration between MESA and the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
COLLEGE STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Information Competency
- Social Interaction and Life Skills
SERVICE UNIT OUTCOMES:
- MESA students will have an education plan that outlines the requirements to transfer to a four-year institution.
- MESA students will have an adequate resume in order to obtain internships to professionally develop themselves for tomorrow's workforce.
- MESA students will demonstrate a command of collaborative work skills in the chosen field of study and exhibit the appropriate study skills to master the material.