- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: The CalWORKs program is collaboration with Ventura County Human Services. The program provides supportive services to students who are receiving TANF (public assistance) to acquire a vocational certificate or degree to prepare them for successful transition into the workforce.
Program Description: CalWORKS (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act) is California's welfare reform program designed to help families become self-sufficient through a variety of educational and work-related activities, including attendance at Ventura College. A leader in higher education, Ventura College provides individuals with the opportunity to obtain new job skills or enhance existing skills through a variety of state-of-the-art programs.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
1. Information Competency
2. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
3. Social Interaction and Life Skills
SERVICE UNIT OUTCOMES:
1. CalWORKs students will demonstrate their understanding and compliance with external regulations affecting their participation in the program.
2. CalWORKs students will develop a Student Educational Plan with a counselor that is consistent with their Welfare-To-Work Plan Activity Assignment that they have completes with their Welfare-To-Work Worker.
3. CalWORKs students will maintain satisfactory academic progress.