- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: Students taking courses in the Water Science (WS) program will learn the technical concepts underlying the water industry. Program outcomes will include the ability to analyze water chemistry, evaluate sources of contamination, design water delivery and treatment systems, and examine environmental issues relayed to domestic water use. Courses in the WS program are applicable towards licensure, continuing education credits, and may be used by students seeking quality employment opportunities.
Program Description: The WS program provides students with the technical training they need to pursue a career in the municipal potable water and wastewater industries. Waterworks operators protect public health by ensuring that plant operations comply with state and federally mandated drinking water and wastewater disposal standards. Students seeking an Associate’s Degree in Water Science may choose the Water option to prepare them for a career in potable water treatment or the Wastewater option to prepare them for a career in wastewater sanitation. Regardless of the option chosen, both paths lead to rewarding careers protecting the health of both the community and the environment at local, state, and federal levels.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Information Competency
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Analyze the fundamentals of chemistry, biology and hydraulics, as they relate to the water industry
- Evaluate water quality management, water source, and the prevention of contamination
- Analyze the principles involved in the treatment, processing and distribution of potable water
- Evaluate the collection and treatment of waste water
- Understand the state licensing requirements for employment in the water industry
I: This program-level student learning outcome is INTRODUCED is this course.
P: This program-level student learning outcome is PRACTICED in this course.
M: This program-level student learning outcome is MASTERED in this course.
Leave blank if program-level student learning outcome is not addressed.
|Course||PLSLO #1||PLSLO #2||PLSLO #3||PLSLO #4||PLSLO #5|