- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Program Purpose: Students who participate in the ESL program will be able to communicate effectively by speaking clearly and coherently in both formal and informal settings. They will be able to collaborate to solve problems and share ideas, demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Program Description: The English as a Second Language (ESL) Program prepares students for transfer-level academic and vocational courses. Language and etiquette necessary for school, work, and social situations are also addressed. The program supports ESL students in their language development and facilitates independent learning.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Personal/Community Awareness and Academic/Career Responsibilities
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Communicate effectively by speaking clearly and coherently in both formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills by applying prior knowledge and new language skills to varied situations.
- Use language learning strategies to build English vocabulary.
- Collaborate to solve problems, share ideas, and complete language-based activities.