- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Emergency Medical Technologies (EMT)
Program purpose: Students who complete the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course will apply scientific knowledge while utilizing effective communication and interpersonal skills in the techniques considered to be within the scope of practice of ambulance personnel and others engaged in the delivery of emergency services. Students will participate in classroom, hospital and field settings. Upon successful completion of both the written and practical examinations with a grade of B or better, the student will be eligible to sit for the certifying examination administered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
Program Description: A community depends on an emergency medical system that responds quickly with well educated and competent EMTs. Successful completion of the EMT program and the National Registry certifying examination presents the EMT with exciting employment opportunities with private ambulance companies, fire departments and hospitals who utilize basic life support skills. They may also find employment with companies providing basic medical care at concerts, sporting events and amusement parks. Completion of the EMT program is a prerequisite for most Paramedic Programs throughout the United States
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Information Competency
- Critical Thinking
- Civic Responsibility
- Social Interaction and Life Skills
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Apply scientific knowledge in providing prehospital and emergency medical care
- Use effective communication and interpersonal skills with patients and other health care workers
- Operate within the roles of an entry level provider of care and contributor to the EMT profession
- Demonstrate and foster high standards of Prehospital and Emergency Medical practice in skill performance and patient advocacy
- Provide competent and safe care in a variety of settings to a group of patients with diverse needs across the life span by demonstrating knowledgeable decision making and judgment based on critical thinking, clinical competence, accountability and collaboration with the patient and health care team
- To promote the personal and professional growth, health and success of each student
- To promote the concept of lifelong learning, including the pursuit of advanced degrees and advanced practice in the health field
- To prepare graduates who are eligible to seek licensure as EMTs and that meet the expectations of the EMS Community
I: This program-level student learning outcome is INTRODUCED is this course.
P: This program-level student learning outcome is PRACTICED in this course.
M: This program-level student learning outcome is MASTERED in this course.
Leave blank if program-level student learning outcome is not addressed.
|Courses||PLSLO #1||PLSLO #2||PLSLO #3||PLSLO #4||PLSLO #5||PLSLO #6||PLSLO #7||PLSLO #8|