- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: Students who complete the Child Development program will be able to apply knowledge of the physical, psychological and cognitive development of children, as well as the professional skills to implement developmentally appropriate practices in high quality programming in child development, social services and early childhood education.
Program Description: The Child Development Program prepares students for an Associate Degree in Child Development, Certificate of Achievement, and the California Child Development Permit levels of Assistant, Associate Teacher, Teacher, Master teacher, and Site Supervisor. Further, students develop knowledge of the subject matter and skills needed for success in transferring to a college or university.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Communication: Demonstrate active listening skills and effective interpersonal communication while employing the vocabulary of the discipline.
- Critical thinking and problem solving: Evaluate own beliefs, biases, and assumptions.
- Social interaction and life skills: Work as an effective member of a team.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Analyze the psychological, physical, and cognitive influences of teaching and classroom practices on children's development.
- Develop awareness of and skills in intentional teaching consistent with developmentally appropriate practices.
- Demonstrate initiative through conducting research to learn whatever is necessary to provide high quality programming for children within specific philosophical guideline.
I: This program-level student learning outcome is INTRODUCED is this course.
P: This program-level student learning outcome is PRACTICED in this course.
M: This program-level student learning outcome is MASTERED in this course.
Leave blank if program-level student learning outcome is not addressed.
|COURSES||PLSLO #1||PLSLO #2||PLSLO #3|