- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Program Purpose: Students who participate in the automotive program will explore the technology that constitutes the modern automobile. Students will also have the opportunity to explore the service and repair techniques and learn the latest technology required to maintain a vehicle to industry standards.
Program Description: The auto motive program is fully certified by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF). This certification ensures the student will receive training in automotive repair that meets industry standards. Upon completion of the program a student will be prepared for an entry-level position in the automotive industry.
COLLEGE LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Information Competency
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Use the proper automotive terminology to discuss systems operation, methods of diagnosis and needed repairs.
- Prepare a written estimate of needed system repairs and estimate the related costs
- Practice safety in the repair and service associated with electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Use a systematic approach to select the proper method to diagnose, repair and test automotive systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of automotive diagnostic equipment to evaluate system performance and determine needed repairs
I: This program-level student learning outcome is INTRODUCED is this course.
P: This program-level student learning outcome is PRACTICED in this course.
M: This program-level student learning outcome is MASTERED in this course.
Leave blank if program-level student learning outcome is not addressed.
|Course||PLSLO #1||PLSLO #2||PLSLO #3||PLSLO #4|