- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Student Learning Outcomes Committee 2012-2013
Membership: Susan Bricker, Scott Corbett, Sandy Hajas, Lydia Mathews-Morales, Claudia Peter, Peter Sezzi, Ben Somoza, Jaclyn Walker, Patricia Wendt.
Co-Chairs: Kathy Scott, Dean; Ty Gardner, Faculty; and Deborah Newcomb, Faculty
Meetings: Monthly, 2nd Tuesday, 3:00-4:00 p.m., MCW-312
Charge: The Student Learning Outcomes Committee will be responsible for monitoring the progress and evaluating the quality of Student Learning Outcomes on campus. The committee will create an annual report of SLO progress.
The Function of the Committee is to:
- Provide vision and leadership for outcomes-based assessment
- Develop a plan and timeline for the development and assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the existing criteria for the Evaluation Rubric of the five-column model established by the SLOOG implementation team.
- Monitor and evaluate the process of assessing Student Learning Outcomes for courses, programs, and services, including:
a. The progress and development of Student Learning Outcomes
b. The Means of Assessment
c. The Summary of Data collected from assessment efforts
d. The Use of Results for improvement
- Recommend to the Academic Senate improvements to the SLO process
- Publicize improvements made by departments
- Document efforts and results for Accreditation
|Sept. 10, 2013||Oct. 8, 2013|
|Nov. 7,2013||Dec. 10, 2013|
|Sept. 11, 2011||Oct. 9, 2012||Nov. 13, 2012||Feb. 5, 2013||March 6,2013||April 9,2013|
|Sept.13, 2011||Oct.11, 2011||Nov. 8, 2011||Dec. 13, 2011||Jan. 17, 2012||Feb. 14, 2012|
|March 19, 2012||April 10, 2012||May 8, 2012|
Student Learning Outcomes Oversight Group (SLOOG) 2010-2011
The Student Learning Outcomes Oversight Group was a task force charged with developing a campus-wide process for the development and assessment of student learning outcomes. The task force created forms, toolkits, committee structures, processes, provided training, and set up the depository for storage of documentation. SLOOG remained in place until the Student Learning Outcomes Committee took charge in August 2011. Members were appointed by the College President and included three deans, the Academic Senate President, three faculty members, and a supervisor.
Members: Kathy Scott, Dean; Peter Sezzi, Academic Senate President; Gwendolyn Lewis-Huddleston, Dean; David Oliver, Dean; Scott Corbett, Faculty; Ty Gardner, Faculty; Salomen Pourmoghim, Faculty; Sandy Hajas, Learning Resources Supervisor
|Nov. 1, 2010||Nov. 20,2010||Dec. 14,2010||Jan. 18,2010|
|Feb.9,2011||Feb. 23,2011||Mar. 9,2011||April 6,2011|
|Nov. 1, 2010||Nov. 20, 2010||Dec. 14, 2010||Jan. 18, 2011||Feb. 9, 2011||Feb. 23, 2011|
|Mar. 9, 2011||April 6, 2011|