- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Cedric Ceballos- Athlete
Cedric Ceballos, arguably the finest and most celebrated basketball player ever to wear the Pirate uniform, arrived at Ventura College in 1986 where he became a two time All Western State Conference and two time All California State player. In 1986-87, Cedric led the Pirates to their first State Championship in thirty-five years.
Cedric completed his career at Ventura College as #1 in career scoring with 1,609 points, #5 in rebounding with 665, and #1 in career free throws with 304. He also established the single season scoring record of 906 points, averaging 28.3 points per game during the 1987-88 season.
Upon graduating from Ventura College in 1988, Cedric transferred to California State University, Fullerton where he starred for two years and ended his college career #8 all time career scoring leader with 1,284 points, the #1 career scoring average of 22.1 points per game, and #5 all time in rebounds with a total of 618. Upon finishing his college career, Cedric signed a professional contract with the Phoenix Suns in 1990.
Cedric's professional career spanned a total of 14 years. He played for the Phoenis Suns for si yeras, the Los Anglels Lakers for three years, the Dallas Mavericks for three years, the Miami Heat for one year, and ended his professional career with the Detroit Pistons during the 2000-01 season. Duiring his 14 years, Cedric had many highlights which included:
- Ranked 20th in the NBA in free throw percentage with .843 in 1999-2000
- Played in his 500th career game, totaling team highs of 20 points and 13 rebounds
- Recorded 1997-98 season high sof 25 points, 13 rebounds, and 3 blocks against the Chicago Bulls on March 12, 19998
- Scored his 7,000th career point, totaling 22 points and 6 rebounds, against the Minnesota TImberwolves on March 3, 1998
- Ranked 12th in the NBA in 1995-96 in field goal percentage (.530) and 13th in scoring (21.2 ppg, tops on the Lakers)
- Selected to the 19995 All Sar Game, but was unable to play due to injury
- Scored a Lakers' 1995-96 team season high 38 points against the Portland Trailblazers on November 21, 1995
- Named NBA Player of the Month for December 1994, when he averaged 27.8 ppg and 9.0 rpg
- Appeared in 56 career NBA playoff games, averaging 10.2 ppg and 4.6 rpg
Cedric is currently employed by the Phoenix Suns as their in arena emcee and host of a weekly webcast, "Nothin' but Net." He also hosts a morning music program for a Phoenix, Arizona rhythm and blues radio FM station.